Casola Valsenio, a small village in the Romagna Appennines on the border of Tuscany, is the land of herbs and forgotten fruits. Its Giardino delle Erbe (Garden of Herbs) is a botanical garden specializing in medicinal plants, with one of the largest arrays in Italy, with almost 500 varieties of cultivated plants.
Discover the properties of these plants, useful for medicine, phytotherapy, cooking and cosmetics. Learn how essential oils are extracted or how to prepare herbal tea. Try the amazing and original menu with herbs, flowers and forgotten fruits of autumn. Then visit the Romanesque Abbey of Valsenio and the Cardello, home museum of the writer Alfredo Oriani.
- Meet at the Giardino delle Erbe in Casola Valsenio, guided tour of the herb farms, discover the secrets of the medicinal plants and their multiple uses
- Educational workshop to learn how precious essential oils are extracted and how to make/prepare an herbal tea.
- Lunch with special menu including medicinal herbs, flowers and forgotten fruits (depending on seasonality)
- Guided tour of the Cardello, museum house of the write Alfredo Oriani, rare and exquisite example of nineteenth-century Romagnola luxury home.
- Guided tour of Abbey of Valsenio (Abbazia di Valsenio), built around 1000AD, it still contains the remains of an old Roman building and a trefoiled church.
Duration: 1 day.
Period: All year
Starting from € 52. 10-person minimum. Discounts for groups larger than 10 and kids.
The price includes: guided tour of the Giardino delle Erbe and educational workshop, an unique experience for both adults and children. Lunch with local menu, drinks included. Entry and guided tour of the Cardello and Abbazia di Valsenio.
The price does not include: Transportation, anything else not specified above in “the price includes” section
Contact us for information and reservations