Magic and Mysteries of the Parco della Vena del Gesso Romagnola
Discover the splendid paths of Parco della Vena del Gesso Romagnola, where sulfurous gypsum formations emerged 6 million years ago cutting across three valleys and altering the local climate. The park contains various caves and abandoned mines. Learn about the flora and fauna that are indigenous to the park. Listen to the legends surrounding the magic of the Cave of King Tiberius (Grotta di Re Tiberio). Experience the thrill of a nocturnal visit, filled with the sounds of the wildlife that inhabits the park.
- Meet at Riolo Terme, visit the 14th century fortress and Museo del Paesaggio dell’Appennino faentino, the Apennine landscape museum
- Head to the Cave of King Tiberius (Grotta di Re Tiberio) for a guided tour of the cave and its mysteries
- Lunch in Riolo Terme, in a typical restaurant with a traditional Romagna menu
- Travel to the Parco Carnè for an open afternoon to enjoy the park (guided tour, Nordic walking and orienteering courses available with reservation)
- Dinner at the Rifugio Ca’ Carnè with local delicacies from the region
- Guided night tour (duration: 3 hours).
Duration: 1 full day, ending around 11pm
Period: From May to September
Starting at 70€. 10-person minimum. Discounts for groups larger than 10 and children.
The price includes: entrance and guided tour of Museo del Paesaggio di Riolo Terme and Grotta di Re Tiberio, lunch at a typical osteria with Romagna menu (handmade pasta, cured meats, grilled meat and dessert) including drink, dinner at Rifugio Ca’ Carnè with local products (drinks excluded), guided night tour.
The price does not include: transportation, drinks with dinner and anything else not specified above in ‘the price includes’ section.
Nordic walking and orienteering courses available upon request.
Contact us for information and reservations