Parco della Vena del Gesso Romagnola is a treasure trove of nature and history. It has everything from medieval fortresses that ruled over tiny hamlets to caves carved out of the brittle rock by water over the course of millennia. Visit Brisighella and Riolo Terme to discover the legends surrounding the wonder of the Cave of King Tiberius (Grotta di Re Tiberio).
- Meet at Riolo Terme, visit the fourteenth-century fortress that belonged to Caterina Sforza, the legendary and controversial Signora dele Romagne
- See the Cave of King Tiberius (Grotta di Re Tiberio). One of the most famous caves in the park, that has been frequented since prehistoric times
- Then on to the Parco Carnè and lunch at the Rifugio Ca ‘Carnè with local delicacies from the park
- A guided tour of the formations typical of gypsum in the area, such as pits and sinkholes
- Go to Brisighella for a guided tour to the quaint medieval village of Brisighella, Via degli Asini, the Clock Tower, the Venetian Fortress
Duration: 1 day
Period: All year
Starting at €40. Minimum of 10 people. Discount for groups larger than 10 and children
The price includes: entrance and guided tour of Riolo Terme fortress (Rocca di Riolo Terme) and the Cave of King Tiberius (Grotta di Re Tiberio), a typical Romagna lunch and delacacies from Parco della Vena del Gesso Romagnola (drinks excluded), Guide for Parco del Carnè and in Brisighella (3 hours in total).
The price does not include: transportation, drinks at lunch and anything else not indicated above in ‘the price includes’ section.